Saturday, November 15, 2008

thing #17: web-based apps

For this exercise we were asked to explore Google documents.

I have already utilized Google documents for some time now. I use a lot of the Google apps, and enjoy all of them. Google Docs is really useful for working on papers for school. In a work environment it would be a great place to keep all of a CML branch's documents. CMLSi already works in a very similar way- but Google would be great for everything else. I do like that you can see the changes and limit who has access in a group user setting. I don't really have much hands on experience with that aspect of Google documents as the majority of my use is personal.

For any CML library users that rely on public computers for completing all of their online/word processor, etc business Google is a great tool. All of their documents can be saved or even created online, making them permanent and portable. Hassle free. I'm pretty sure Google is going to take over the world. Seriously. We are putty in their hands. At least we have apps to play with!

For this exercise I created a brief "Presentation" in Google Documents to share:




cast: barnesville, ohio, franklin park conservatory, pidgeon roost farm, my boyfriend matthew, his sister katie, her two sons graham and charlie, alfred & stockton (the pumpkins).

No comments: