Sunday, November 16, 2008

thing 20: youtube




I've been using YouTube for a long time. I spend a lot of time on it, actually. When I can't sleep I watch videos- sometimes the instruction videos lull me off. But I use it a lot when I'm awake too. It's great for instructions, music videos, clips of old tv shows... lots of things. Even local stuff. My YouTube account is linked to my Google account, which is really nice. I wish the site had more in depth search and sorting options....but that is asking for the impossible, for the most part. Using YouTube in a library setting is tricky. I think having a library account with an account full of or favorited to lists of library related or helpful videos would be nice. But openly linking or embedding YouTube in a professional setting is always rather risky. After a video plays, more ads for other videos are shown. If one goes to the YouTube site, there is a barrage of advertisement in all directions, especially for more viewing. That isn't always the best.

The video I posted is of a very small Korean boy singing his version of "Hey Jude." I think it is one of the most adorable things ever, and whenever I need cheering up- this helps. I love how he is mimicking the lyrics by sound, not by word meaning, as well as occasionally remembering to strum the guitar and lean into the mic. Priceless. This video shows an example of how absolutely brilliant children are.

More on that note... Here is a collaboration Cosby put together honoring Art Linkletter. I'm out!


No comments: