Sunday, November 16, 2008

Thing 19: CML Power Tools

For this thing we were asked to look at CML's own Power Tools page. Along with many other cml bloggers, I did not know this page existed. I will definitely keep it in mind when helping customers navigate their way around the library website or even just online. It's a very useful thing to have on our homepage.

I have already used all but a few of the tools. So I decided to look at those.

Book Burro seems pretty straightforward & useful, but I'm not going to download it at the moment.
Digg is a site that I've known about for a very long time but never took any particular interest in. Much like BoingBoing, I end up linked to an article or a page on it sometimes. I have never visited it solely to visit. This time I spent some time looking around, and I think I've finally warmed to the concept. I will start visiting this site more often, and I will recommend it to patrons.

TechCrunch is a nice blog about all things tech. I don't have to have an iPhone to recognize why this site might be useful. I read an article posted earlier this month about Google winning the battle with the FCC for the unlicensed use of "white spaces" spectrum. Told you Google rules over us all.

On that note, I will conclude this entry after posting on the "Tooling Around" blog entry on gmail.

No comments: